Monday, March 23, 2009

7 months

So, Chloe is officially 7 months old today. 7 months! That's crazy and ridiculous to me. Where did the time go? She is over half way through her first year of life. And this morning, (at 2 am and at 7am) she decided I was the best teething ring ever. What the heck? She has bit me before, but nothing like the gnawing that was going on today. I'm hoping (really?) that she's just cutting another tooth, and that this stops soon. I used all the tricks that all the moms and experts suggested on websites, but Chloe is her own person. "I won't have any of that, thank you", she says. I plopped her on the floor after one particularly hard bite, and she just looked at me and smiled. Where were the tears of remorse she was supposed to show? Gah!
But, she had peaches today, and except for the green beans that she thinks come from the depths of hell, she looooves to eat. I'm trying to figure out when to introduce new textures so that she doesn't gag and die. She loves sitting up, and she has discovered banging toys together. She is very proud of this accomplishment. She has no desire whatsoever to crawl. I may be carrying her for the next 18 years, at this rate. She brings so much joy and laughter to our home, and I just stare at her in wonderment a lot of times. How in the world did this completely unique being come from me? It's mind blowing. It also gives me a greater glimpse of how God sacrificed HIS ONLY SON. no way would I ever be able to do that. Thank goodness I don't have to. Thank God He did.
Anyway, Happy 7 months, Chloe!

No comments:

Post a Comment