So, since Chloe was born, (shoot, even before she was created), I have been "trying" to lose weight. Now, I understand that in order to lose the weight, effort must be put forth. I am not good at this. Why doesn't it just come off? I really want to weigh less than I did when I first got pregnant, for the time that I get pregnant next. And I don't want to gain as much this time around, whenever that may be. So, I stepped on the scale yesterday morning, and what did I learn? I am actually GAINING weight. BAH! What is wrong with me? So, I have decided- I am going to do something about this. I feel gross, I feel like I look gross, nothing fits except for pants, 2 pairs of work-out shorts, one skirt, and things that belong to the husband. Not ok. Isaac is very supportive of whatever I want to do, and he says I look beautiful nomatterwhat. But, I need to feel like I look beautiful, too, and right now I don't.
My goal is 1- 1 1/2 pounds a week, (this is what is safe while breastfeeding), so that means that I should be down to where I want to be by the end of the year. I'm ok with that. I would prefer it to magically fall off now, but I will do my part. I hope.
I think I need to list things to do so that I will be held accountable.
1. while sitting and watching TV or a movie, I will do some sort of exercise for at least 10 minutes. (eg. crunches, squats, pushups, etc.)
2. I will do 30+ minutes of cardio (walking, exercise dvds, etc.) most days of the week. (at least 4.)
3. I will decrease my soda/juice intake to 2-3 servings a week, and drink diet when available. (this shouldn't be that hard as I just came off a soda/juice fast for lent this year.)
4. I will stop eating dessert with every stinking meal. What? Cookies are good in the morning.
5. I will eat more slowly so I can find out sooner if I am full, and enjoy what I am eating.
6. I will drink a glass of water when I feel like snacking, to see if this takes the edge off.
7. If not, I will wait 15 mintues before eating a snack, to see if this takes the edge off.
8. I will start to look at serving sizes again, and try and stick to that.
9. I will not count calories; this drives me crazy and gets my defenses up. (why can't I have more than that? Why can't I eat 17 cookies in one day? My mind is crazy.)
10. If I really need something that is junky, I will have a small portion, and not feel guilty for eating it. ( I have a very guilty conscience, so this is something I need to work on.)
Most importantly, I need to start my day in the Word, and with Jesus. I have a really hard time being motivated in any area of my life, so this will help, I think. I need to be disciplined and really stick to something. We'll see how it goes. (We? I must be royalty!) anyone out there need an accountability partner in this? I sure do!